A take on traditional nicoise salad, tuna is the standout in this dish. The addition of crumbed and fried eggs & pickled tomatoes brings all the flavours to life.
- 2.5kg Tuna loin, cleaned and portioned
- 5 Celery sticks, peeled, blanched and sliced
- 600g Baby beans, blanched
- 10 Kipfler potatoes, cooked, peeled and sliced
- 220g HELLMANN’s Aioli Celery cress, to serve
- 11 Free range eggs
- 120g Plain flour
- 10g Salt
- 10g Ground black pepper
- 220g Panko crumbs
- Vegetable oil, for deep frying
- 2 Eschallots, finely chopped
- 5g KNORR Concentrated Liquid Stock
- 100ml Water
- 10g COLMAN’s Wholegrain Mustard
- 100g Mixed herbs (chives, parsley, chervil), chopped
- 40ml Olive oil
- Slice the tomatoes in two halves and put them in a vacuum bag together with the rice vinegar.
- Seal the bag and let it marinate for at least 3 hours.
- Soft boil the eggs, then chill and peel.
- Toss the eggs in seasoned flour, then coat in crumbs.
- Deep fry until golden. Cool.
- Place eschallots and 100ml pickling liquid (from pickled tomatoes) in a pan and reduce 90%.
- Add water, KNORR Concentrated Liquid Stock and COLMAN’s Wholegrain Mustard. Bring to the boil, then cool and emulsify with the olive oil. Add herbs and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Pan fry tuna portions until medium rare.
- Smear HELLMANN’s Aioli on a serving plate. Slice tuna and cut eggs in half. Arrange with seasoned blanched vegetables and pickled tomatoes. Spoon over vinaigrette and garnish with cress.