Spinach & Cheese Bombay Scrolls
Great served with minted yoghurt or chutney, these scrolls have a damper-like texture, meaning the time and effort taken preparing a yeast-based bread is not necessary.
Breakfast & Brunch
Snacks & Sides
Aged Care Finger Food
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Cook baby spinach and KNORR Patak’s Mild Curry Paste until spinach is wilted and combined with curry paste. Cool.
- Place flour and butter in a food processor, process until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Transfer to a bowl, make a well in the center and pour in buttermilk.
- Cut with a flat knife until mixture forms a dough. Add a drop more buttermilk if dough is too dry.
- Turn onto a flat lightly floured surface and knead gently until smooth. Use a rolling pin to roll out dough to form a 20 cm x 40 cm rectangle.
To Assemble and Cook
- Spread HELLMANN’S Real Mayonnaise over dough then top with spinach mixture, leaving a 1 cm border around the edge. Sprinkle with cheese. Roll up to enclose filling. Trim ends and cut into 12 rounds.
- Place rounds together on a lined baking tray. Brush with a little extra milk.
- Bake in a preheated combi oven for 20-25 minutes or until firm and golden.
- Cool then serve.