Smoked Trout Brandade
This smoky, creamy dish is an undisputed favourite in a traditional provincial kitchen. Easy to prepare, it can be made ahead and warmed on serving. Serve with plenty of crusty bread.
Snacks & Sides
- Place smoked trout in a pan with garlic, lemon rind, thyme and milk. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes, then strain, reserving trout and milk and discarding aromatics. Flake trout, removing any skin and bones.
- Return milk to stove with KNORR Intense Flavours Roast Umami, bring to the boil again, remove from the heat and add KNORR Potato Flake Whisk until thick and smooth.
- Place half the flaked trout in a food processor then gradually add oil and continue until emulsified.
- Fold through mashed potato and remaining trout, season.
- Transfer to serving ramekins. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bring ramekins to room temperature. Sprinkle with finely grated parmesan and grill until cheese has melted.
- Serve brandade with sliced baguette, tomatoes, radishes and split olives