Satay Chicken Pie
Satay chicken is a must have - so we have wrapped it in pastry to create a pie, served with peas and creamy mash. Always a crowd pleaser, try it on your menu today.
Ingredients per serve
Vegetable oil 10.0 ml
Brown onion, finely chopped 100.0 g
Chicken thigh fillets, excess fat trimmed, cut into 2.5cm pieces 1.5 kg
Water 200.0 ml
Sheets (25 x 25cm) of frozen puff pastry, just thawed 3.0 x
Sheets short crust pastry just thawed 3.0 x
Egg whisked 1.0 x
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add in onions and cook until soft. Once soft add in chicken. Stir and cook for around 10-15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl mix - KNORR Coconut Milk Powder, KNORR Malaysian Satay Sauce GF and water.
- Add wet mix into the pan and simmer until thick. Once thick - remove from heat and set aside ready to use.
- Take the sheets of short crust pastry and cut into 4 equal squares. Using spray oil, spray the pie tins and place each square of pastry into a prepared tin. Mould to form the base of the pie.
- Using the satay chicken mix, fill the pastry base ready to add the lid.
- Take the puff pastry sheets and cut into 4 equal squares. Place one square on top of each pie base. Pinch around the top of each pie and trim extra pastry.
- Roll and fold edges ready to brush.
- Take one egg and add a little milk to make an egg wash. Use wash to brush the top of each pie and then sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Place in the oven at 180 degree Celsius for around 15-20 minutes.
- KNORR Instant Sweet Potato Mash and crushed green peas.