Posted on Monday, 12ᵗʰ November, 2018
Hearty soups for winter comfort, BBQ and meats for spring, light and easy salads for summer, casseroles and pies to hit the spot in Autumn. Every season has its share of recipes – dependant on the weather outside and produce that’s popular for the season.
We’re not recommending you clean out your kitchen or refresh your entire menu, just swapping a dish or two will do the trick as well.
Spring into the season with these two recipes:
- 125 g Peppercorn puree
- 10 g Thyme, fresh, chopped
- 45 ml Oil, vegetable
- 10 x Lamb, rack, 4 bone
- 50 ml Oil, vegetable
- 1.2 kg Tomatoes, roma
- 0.5 kg Fergola
- 100 ml Vinegar, red wine
- 100 g Oregano, fresh
- 50 g Garlic puree
- Combine peppercorn puree, thyme and oil.
- Clean and trim the lamb rack to remove excess fat. Cut into cutlets and seal. Cover with peppercorn and thyme mixture and oven bake until cooked to desired liking.
- Place tomatoes directly on a char grill and cook until skin is blackened. Set aside to cool. Peel, lightly crush.
- Cook fergola in boiling salted water until tender (12-14 minutes). Drain well, and then spread on an oven tray to cool and dry. Transfer to a large bowl combine with tomatoes and their pan juices, vinegar and oregano and garlic puree, mix well.
- To serve place fergola and tomato mix on a plate with the lamb.
- Garnish with micro herbs.
- 0.4 L Water
- 80 g CONTINENTAL Professional Instant Mashed Potato 7 kg
- 10 g Garlic cloves, crushed
- 40 ml Cream
- 40 ml Oil, olive
- 10 ml Lemon, juice
- 200 g Beans, White (navy beans)
- 0.4 kg Quinoa
- 0.9 L Water
- 50 g Parsley, continental, chopped
- 100 g Tomatoes, skinned, deseeded, diced
- 1 kg Eggplant
- 0.5 L Water
- 75 g KNORR Jus 1.8 kg
- 100 ml Oil, vegetable
- 10 g Black pepper, ground
- 10x250 g Lamb loin, eye
- 1 pack Micro herbs, to garnish
- For skordalia, bring water to the boil and add the CONTINENTAL Professional Instant Mashed Potato, mix well to combine. Transfer potato to the robo coupe, add garlic, cream, oil, lemon juice and beans. Puree in a blender until smooth. Transfer to an airtight container. Store in a cool room.
- Place quinoa, lemon juice and water in a saucepan over high heat. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until water has absorbed. Drain. Rinse. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in parsley and tomatoes.
- For the eggplant caviar, cook eggplant directly over an open stove top flame, once the outside is charred, place into a large bowl, cover. When eggplant is cool, remove the skin and chop, season and set aside for use.
- Heat water and whisk in the KNORR Jus, bring to the boil, while stirring continuously. Reduce heat and allow to simmer for about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and keep hot.
- Grease both sides of lamb with oil, Season with pepper. Barbecue or char-grill for 3 minutes on each side for medium rare or until cooked to your liking. Rest for 5 minutes, cut into thin slices.
- To serve, place lamb on a plate with skordalia, quinoa salad, eggplant caviar, drizzle with jus and garnish with micro herbs.