Bar snacks are making a big comeback. As the line between restaurant and bar becomes blurry it's now possible to make a meal out of small snacks.
- Heat a medium saucepan adding oil and beef mince.
- Cook on high heat for 5 minutes, breaking up the mince.
- Add onion, carrots, KNORR Professional Garlic Puree, KNORR Professional Ginger Puree and cook for 25 minutes or until liquid has reduced.
- In a separate saucepan, whisk KNORR Potato Flakes GF in warm water at 70 degrees. Add butter and stir to combine.
- Flatten 60g of mashed potato in the palm of your hand to make a 9 cm circle. Place 2½ teaspoons of filling in the centre and wrap the potato around the filling.
- Form into an egg shape and set aside. (Repeat with the remaining filling and potato).
- Place the balls in the fridge for 20 minutes to firm up.
- Place the flour, egg and KNORR Potato Flakes GF in three separate bowls. Roll the balls in flour, then dip in egg and coat in KNORR Potato Flakes GF.
- Heat 10 cm vegetable oil in a deep saucepan to 160 degree Celsius. Deep-fry the croquettes, in batches, for 4-5 minutes until golden. Drain on paper towel.