Pineapple Cream Sponge Cake
This dessert was made to go with a nice hot cup of Lipton English Breakfast or Earl Grey tea!
- Cut the sponge into squares of 40g each, then slice in half along the middle.
- Bring the CARTE D'OR Crème Anglaise to the boil and whisk in the KNORR Roux to thicken and make a Crème patisserie. Refrigerate, then place mixture in a piping bag.
- Pipe onto base of sponge portions, add the pineapple and place the other half on top like a sandwich.
- Whip the remaining cream and pipe a little on the top of each sponge.
- Recipe can also be made in a large tray.