Posted on Thursday, 9th April, 2020
Key takeaways on managing food safety and hygiene in commercial kitchens during COVID-19.
- Heightened measures around hygiene and cleaning should be taken to reduce risks.
- Anyone who suspects their symptoms are consistent with a respiratory illness should not prepare food for other people.
- COVID-19 can survive on surfaces for significant lengths of time.
- Social distancing is an effective measure to slow the spread of COVID-19.
- To date there is no evidence that the virus is transmitted through properly prepared food.
- Maintain a regular, mechanical cleaning and sanitising routine.
- Use downtime during this period to deep clean your kitchen and equipment.
Awareness and education are vital to slowing the spread of COVID-19. Here we’ve put together a collection of useful government-endorsed key messages and actions on personal and food hygiene for you to make accessible to your team.